As a Promethean certified training partner in Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina,
PCS understands the importance of professional development and provides educators
with the necessary skills to implement Promethean technology in the classroom. Promethean
technology transforms classrooms; let PCS show you how. PCS can address your needs
with options for onsite group training, individual training at one of our regional
training centers, or customized training to meet your specific needs.
| Onsite (up to 15 participants) $2,500
Core Essentials for ActivInspire is designed to give participants an understanding
of the basic tools and capabilities of the ActivInspire software, providing them
with a foundation for continuing to build their knowledge of the software and application
in the classroom. At the end of the course, participants will have the knowledge
and skills necessary to build interactive flipcharts using basic tools and Shared
This two-part course will:
| Onsite (up to 15 participants) $1,500
- Provide a basic understanding of the Promethean board (connections, calibration,
- Instruct on various ways to customize the layout, profile, and navigation for students'
- Provide instruction on utilizing the foundational tools within ActivInspire
- Instruct participants on ways to edit interactive flipcharts to meet specific common
core curriculum standards and needs
- Allow participants to work hands on to create interactive flipcharts for classroom
- Instruct participants in the use of Promethean Planet (utilizing resource packs,
flipchart lessons, Professional Development resources, file storage, collaboration
with other educators, etc.)
- And much more!
Beyond Essentials for ActivInspire is designed for participants to gain an understanding
of advanced features and capabilities of interactive flipcharts to allow for further
integration in the classroom. At the end of the course, participants will be able
to incorporate a high level of interactivity into their flipcharts.
Beyond Essentials will:
Individual $75 |
Onsite (up to 15 participants) $750
- Build upon knowledge gained in Core Essentials
- Provide examples and use of interactive tools such as zoom, recognition, extract
text, screen recorder
- Provide examples and instruction in the use of the Property Browser
- Provide step by step instruction in the use of the Action Browser
- Instruct participants on steps to incorporate links to interactive websites, links
to videos, images, and other media files
- Allow participants to utilize and store various resources
- And much more!
The Learner Response System (LRS) course is designed as an interactive course to
allow participants to gain an understanding of utilization and implementation of
the devices (Votes, Expressions, or Engage).
This course will:
Onsite (up to 15
- Instruct participants on the steps of registration and naming of devices
- Provide examples on using Ad-Hoc (express poll) within ActivInspire and in other
desktop applications to ask questions "on the fly"
- Provide step by step instructions and examples on creating assessments and activities
using the question manager
- Provide instruction for integrating self-paced assessments into flipcharts and activities
(expressions and engage)
- Allow participants to create interactive flipcharts that include assessment questions
- And much more!
A Promethean Customized training is designed based on the skill level, needs, curriculum,
and grade level of the participants. One of our educational technology trainers
will work with your onsite contact to identify, outline, and design training specifically
for you. A customized training will focus on various aspects from the trainings
All onsite group classes include manuals for up to 15 participants. Additional manuals
are available at a cost of $30 each or $50 for the set (Core Essentials & Beyond
the Essentials). Classes for individuals that are held at regional training center
locations also include manuals, and lunch is included if you are taking a full day